Sunday, December 23, 2012

Abby's Fabric Book


This little girl is my great granddaughter, Abby. She is a special little girl, of course. I was teaching a class on making fabric books and decided she would make the perfect subject with that cute little smile. But, I needed to use some collage techniques to show the class, so I put a little humor into it. This is the front cover of the book; where I used photo fabric, beaded trim, hand made and commercial felt, beads, ruffled trim and lace. The little bird is sitting on her shoulder, telling her how cute she is.


Page two is the Abby in pink page. She was dressed like her dollie, and I do think that the doll looks like her. I used my handmade felt, metal beads, hand made ribbon flower, trim with beads and white lace.


Page three has more birds and Abby is in a little framed locket. Rubber duckies and beads. A jaunty hat, made from a button, adorns her head. There is that felt bird again, catching a worm made from copper wire and beads. A purchased lace flower pot holds flowers made with ribbon embroidery and yarns.


The back page has our Abby holding a large fabric flower. There are some playmates around her, and an embroidered flower; beads and lace, buttons, hand made felt heart and ribbon roses. There is no doubt to the fact that we all love Abby. You can click on images to enlarge them. THIS POST CAN BE SEEN ON "NINA MARIE'S OFF THE WALL FRIDAYS. http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. Lovely! The texture is great and the golden fabric brings to mind the poem from Alice in Wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's lovely and the book is gorgeous. I'm sure your students loved the class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Judy. Your baby great grand baby is a Star! She looks so gorgeous surrounded by her playthings of birds, hearts and flowers.
    I love the quilted background - it makes the pages look so rich and special!
    I'm sending you lots of Christmas Blessings and look forward to seeing more of your beautiful creations in the New Year.
    x Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely little book and gorgeous little girl! Looks like it would have been a great class to take.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments.