Friday, February 28, 2014

Pampas Grass: Spider Web

Pampas Grass: Spider Web. As I continue to work on my Pampas Grass with all it's creepy crawly critters, I have run out of dead specimens. So I had to resort to printing them onto vellum paper that has been backed with light Lutradur. The vellum paper gave me a very crisp and clear image and the paper is strong and flexible. I put the Lutradur backing on it so that it would hold up during stitching. The spider, beetle and butterfly are images from the internet. These elements look so real that you have to get close to tell the difference. I made the spider web by stitching in the open space of a piece of muslin in an embroidery hoop, then cutting a round hole in the middle. I stitched from side to side. In the end, you just clip it free. Hopefully, you can enlarge the image by clicking on it to see more details. This has been a very long process and it is nearing completion. This will be entered into the "Metamorphosis" exhibit at the Springfield Regional Arts Council Member's Show.  You can see this on Off the Wall Fridays

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments.