Friday, March 28, 2014

Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis: Mixed Media. My experimental use of Wood Glue on Pampas Grass and Maple Leaves and Beetles and Bees is finally complete. This was a very long process that took many trial and error attempts. In previous posts I was able to give more information and close up photos of my process. How I made the monoprint, the process of preservation of natural elements with wood glue and how I made the butterflies and spider web. The spider is also a photo copy, as spiders curl up when they die and were not useful. The fall leaves are not natural. They were made by using an aerial map of the city of Dubai and printing it onto photo fabric.You can see the process here on my Projects of Interest link. The darker Maple leaves are natural. I printed a photo of Pampas Grass onto a piece of sheer silk and stamped and foiled a dragonfly onto a piece of silk decorator fabric. I framed those with copper color Lame' and confetti cut fabric on water soluble stabilizer. It was almost impossible to get a good photo of this work. It is much more impressive in person. I have entered it in an exhibit named "Metamorphosis." I have entered this into the Springfield Regional Arts Council Members Only Exhibit, and the Nathaniel Green Botanical Center Exhibit, and  I will also enter this into the competition in our Ozark Piecemakers Quilt Show in the Art Quilt category. Click on Image to get a better view. You can see this on Off The Wall Fridays

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments.