Thursday, July 24, 2014

More Art 4 Charity

Hydrangeas: 18 X 24 Oil on Canvas. For several months now I have been putting together a body of work that can be donated to our silent auction for our Studio 55 Fine Arts Guild. This guild is for artists who are ages 55 and older. We give support to each other by organizing workshops and having monthly programs with guest artists. This year we decided to do a charity affair for our annual fall exhibit and partner with our host church to benefit a women's and children's shelter and a local food bank. Since we had never done this before, the church was quite helpful; and they gave us their spacious gallery for this event. Although I am a fiber artist, I am also a painter. So this post will have both. I spent a little more money on a nice frame for my Hydrangeas because I want to do my best to sell this. 25% of all sales of artwork will go to our charity. I tried to make this as appealing as possible.
I also spent a lot of time making these needle felted, business card sized, refrigerator magnets. I embellished them with thread and ribbons, beads and broken jewelry bits. Each one is a tiny work of art. I made 20 of these and priced them at 4.00 each. I figure that these will sell, if nothing else does. Anything in the silent auction will donate 100% to the charity. So that is a wrap. I am set with fiber art, watercolors, pastels, and oil paintings. Now back to my normal life. This post can be seen on Off The Wall Fridays

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments.