Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Textile Book: Christmas Joy Collage

First Page 

Open Book
Back Cover

Textile Book: Christmas Joy Collage. As the economy continues to slow down, and sales of art are few and far between; my focus has been on smaller projects. This textile book will make a fine gift for someone special and gives me time to work on larger projects for Spring shows. The background fabric was selected from my stash of silks. I also was able to choose from my stash of donated and recycled jewelry and trims. Nothing had to be purchased to create this book, with the exception of the photo fabric sheet for my printer. A recycled Christmas card was scanned for the front picture. I chose this card for the subject and color. The photo fabric sheet is sewn onto the quilted silk page; trims and beads are added to each page before the book is assembled. One of the more interesting elements that I was able to recycle, was a vintage hair pin. The hairpin had been embellished with rhinestones at one time. 

                                               

5 comments:

  1. So delicate and beautiful. I love inspecting your work and you careful attention to detail.
    Hugs from Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Judy! I love the look of the quilted silk and the colour too! Lots of beads and bling!!!
    The images work in beautifully with the surrounding colours.
    AND it didn't cost a thing! Well that's the way I often work too!
    Hugs,
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, this is a lovely fabric book. Love those rich textures, and embellishments.It's good to use those things we already have. Delving into those fabric boxes often turns up things we've forgotten about.
    Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Judy,
    I love the book, such rich colours and what lovely embellishments, beautiful. You did great with the textile printing.
    Your monthly posts are an inspiration and a real treat to look out for.
    Thank you for your encouragement too!
    best wishes,
    Jane C

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Judy,
    thank you so much for your wonderful comments! ... I have been following along in your blog and especially like Serenity!.
    Just know that I am out here and tuning in!
    Very best wishes,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments.