Sunday, April 1, 2012

Ozark Life

Ozark Life. 14 X15. This was a challenge done by my small fiber art group. We meet once a month and explore different aspects of making art quilts. It was a photo challenge. The barn is an actual barn that exists here in the Ozarks. The setting is one that I created around it. You may notice that nothing in this setting is on level ground. That is because nothing in the Ozarks is level. We live in the foothills of the Boston Mountains that extend south into Arkansas. In the Spring of the year, pink and white Dogwood trees are in bloom throughout our region. They grow wild in the woods and fill the yards of our residential areas. This is just a fun piece, that expresses my appreciation for my home town. Elements have been cut from fabrics and fused to a cotton batting, before quilting. The cat is a purchased applique.

11 comments:

  1. A lovely, fun piece Judy & I enjoyed learning a little about your part of the world - sounds beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lovely piece and wonderfully representative of the Ozarks. I especially appreciate that nothing is on level ground - sounds like home to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's easy to see why you love it. I'd love it too.
    Linda T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful portrait of spring in the hills...and very hilly it is, too! Love the dogwood and all the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy, thanks for the nice words, but you are creating a beautiful work of art. I really like them,
    I wish the same sukcessow, many hugs ..... :)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the dogwood tree and the tractor. This piece has so many things to find in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy this is a real country scene - full of interest and colour! I love the tractor, shed and dogwood! It is fun and it is also very clever!
    You would have enjoyed creating this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun quilt! I love the topsy turvy feeling of everything rolling gently.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We live in upstate NY, the eastern Finger Lakes region, and nothing is level here, either! Very hilly. I love this piece, Judy!! It is fun, and the batiks for the grassy areas are perfect. I wish we had dogwoods like you do. When living in NJ, we had them, but up here we only have native "pagoda" dogwoods whose flowers are clusters of tiny white blooms like a viburnum, not very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I grew up in mid Missouri. I love your Ozark Life Quilt...well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments.